What is a Jobs Club?
- A Job Club Provides a range of facilities and services to help those who are unemployed, in training, or in part-time or low paid employment.
- Anyone can avail of the Jobs Club facilities provided you have permission to work in Ireland.
- It is a voluntary and free service.
- The Jobs Club provides practical support and assistance to those who are seeking employment.
How Does the Jobs Club Work?
- A Drop-In Resource Centre.
- Job Seeking Skills Training.
- Support and Assistance in Souring Jobs.
Drop-In Resource Centre
- Access to Computers, Fax, Internet.
- Access to typing and photocopying facilities.
- Assistance with developing Curriculum Vitaes.
- Assistance in completing Application Forms.
- Browsing through “vacancies” available.
- Access to telephone and stationery.
Access to computers/internet/telephone is available on an hourly room booking. Rooms must be booked in advance. All material accessed must be job related.All free of Charge!!!
Job Seeking Skills Training
Training Course usually takes place over 5-6 weeks, 3 mornings a weeks. Covering the following topics;
- Introduction to the Jobs Club.
- The World of Work Today.
- Curriculum Vitae Preparation.
- Letter Writing.
- Application Forms.
- Aptitude Test Preparation.
- Telephone Techniques.
- Interview Preparation and Techniques.
- Mock Interviews.
Places for this training need to be booked in advance.
One to One Support
One to One Support is provided to clients who wish to target their C.V. for a particular job or industry. Interview Preparation/Mock Interviews can also be carried out for individual clients.
Ring for further information/appointment on 061-311742